The Curated Table's Curried Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
The Curated Table's Curried Butternut Squash Soup RecipeBy: The Curated Table
Published: September 23, 2021
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
1 Large Butternut Squash
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 Medium Yellow or Red Onion
1/2 c. Half & Half
4 c. Chicken Stock
1 tsp Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Peel, seed, and cube butternut squash into 1" pieces. Peel and quarter onion. Place vegetables on a baking sheet and toss with avocado oil and salt and pepper.
Place vegetables on a baking sheet and toss with avocado oil and salt and pepper.
Cook vegetables for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place vegetables in a stock pot and add chicken stock and half & half. Bring to a boil.
- Once the vegetables and liquid boil, turn the heat off and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it has a velvety texture.
- Add the curry powder and stir until fully incorporated.
- Garnish with chopped chives. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Swap out the curry for sage or cinnamon for a delicious twist!